Verses referenced in this Mother’s Day message.
- Proverbs 14:1 CSB
- Every wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands.
- Proverbs 14:1 CSB
- Every wise woman builds her house
- Genesis 3:1 CSB
- Now the serpent was the most cunning of all the wild animals that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You can’t eat from any tree in the garden’?”
- Genesis 3:4-5 CSB
- “No! You will not die,” the serpent said to the woman.  “In fact, God knows that when you eat it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
- Psalm 127:1-3 CSB
- Unless the LORD builds a house, its builders labor over it in vain; unless the LORD watches over a city, the watchman stays alert in vain.  In vain you get up early and stay up late, working hard to have enough food- yes, he gives sleep to the one he loves.  Sons are indeed a heritage from the LORD, offspring, a reward.
- Proverbs 29:15,17 CSB
- A rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a youth left to himself is a disgrace to his mother.  Discipline your child, and it will bring you peace of mind and give you delight.
- Hebrews 12:5-6 CSB
- And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: My son, do not take the Lord’s discipline lightly or lose heart when you are reproved by him,  for the Lord disciplines the one he loves and punishes every son he receives.
- Titus 2:3-5 CSB
- In the same way, older women are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not slaves to excessive drinking. They are to teach what is good,  so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands and to love their children,  to be self-controlled, pure, workers at home, kind, and in submission to their husbands, so that God’s word will not be slandered.
- Joshua 24:14-15 CSB
- “Therefore, fear the LORD and worship him in sincerity and truth. Get rid of the gods your fathers worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and worship the LORD.  But if it doesn’t please you to worship the LORD, choose for yourselves today: Which will you worship-the gods your fathers worshiped beyond the Euphrates River or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living? As for me and my family, we will worship the LORD.”
- Exodus 20:2-4 CSB
- I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the place of slavery.  Do not have other gods besides me.  Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth.
- 1 Samuel 1:9-11 CSB
- On one occasion, Hannah got up after they ate and drank at Shiloh. The priest Eli was sitting on a chair by the doorpost of the LORD’s temple.  Deeply hurt, Hannah prayed to the LORD and wept with many tears.  Making a vow, she pleaded, “LORD of Armies, if you will take notice of your servant’s affliction, remember and not forget me, and give your servant a son, I will give him to the LORD all the days of his life, and his hair will never be cut.”
- Philippians 3:12-16 CSB
- Not that I have already reached the goal or am already perfect, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus.  Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead,  I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.  Therefore, let all of us who are mature think this way. And if you think differently about anything, God will reveal this also to you.  In any case, we should live up to whatever truth we have attained.